Sunday, December 6, 2015

Saint Fermin

In my country you can find many different holidays during the whole year. My favorite one is, the Saint Fermin holiday, it´s a religious holidays in honor of the patron of Navarra. But nowadays is becoming more and more popular for the wild and crazy party during the week. It strats the 7th of July seeting off  "the chupinazo" in the city hall, it´s a firework. The Saint Fermin holiday is famous around the world for "the encierro", it´s a race across the city. Where people runs with bulls, it´s wacky and crowded; however, every year many people get injured during the race, sometimes there are dead. It´s a big price for a race, isn´t it? I prefer to be in a bar wearing a custome clothes (white shirt, white trousers, red sash and red handkerchief), and watch the race on TV. The most tipical foods are bull stew and fried eggs with "txistorra", it´s kind of chorizo. If you are looking for a crazy and a fun week, come to Spain and enjoy Saint Fermin holiday!!!

                          Encierro de Pamplona

9 comments:

  1. I was wondering. If I were get hit by bulls, would you help me and bring me to hospital?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rudy are you dreaming? please don't say stupid things...One bull weights 600 Kg...I know that you are strong, but not too much..

      Delete
  2. This festival is very famous in Japan! And I can't pronounce Spanish words.. difficult:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. this holiday is really awesome!!! I think spain is very active and fantastic! If I go to spain please introduce good place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are there people who get injured by bulls?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks dangerous and fantastic! I like chorizo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This festival is our presentation!! This is famous in Japan too!! It is very cray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always thought people who did that were a little bit crazy! I agree with you, I'd prefer to just watch it on TV. I don't know if you watch "Family Guy", but they included the running of the bulls in the episode last week.

    Corrections:
    My favorite one is the Saint Fermin holiday, which is a religious holiday in honor of the patron of Navarra.

    It starts the 7th of July with the setting off of "the chupinazo" (fireworks) at the city hall.

    ReplyDelete